html> littlemushroomcap: Customized Couple Pillows : Trapunto quilting

Customized Couple Pillows : Trapunto quilting

Hi!

I made a special wedding gift recently using a technique called "trapunto quilting". I decided to make something that they can put on their bed, and thought a monogrammed pillow with their initials would be a great gift.

wedding gift_customized pillow_whole quilt 

Y monogrammed

At first I was thinking to applique the initials but I feel like applique would speak too loud for these pillows. So, to make things more subtle, I decided to just hide the initials among the quilting. Besides, there is always a time when you need to practice that free motion skill. So making this pillow was definitely a great practice!

To make the lettering stand out even more, trapunto technique was used for the lettering in these pillows.

together...

..till jannah 

At the bottom of their initials, I put " Together.. till Jannah". Jannah means Heaven in arabic.

What do you think? I sure hope the couple love them.

I will publish a tutorial soon for making these pillows. It is certainly a great chance to practice that free motion skill if you have been wanting to do so.

Till then,
Have a lovely week dear friends,

XOXO

Labels: , , , , ,