html> littlemushroomcap: Doll Quilt Swap 14 : Triple Irish Chain Mini Quilt

Doll Quilt Swap 14 : Triple Irish Chain Mini Quilt

Hi!
DQS14 finished

I finished quilting this little quilt and ready to send it, but I would like to throw in more goodies for my Doll Quilt Swap 14 partner, so I will be getting it posted on the 24th hopefully with more goodies.

Stripping _DQS14 

It was a fun quilt to make, though I got a bit stressed out with the seam points not matching. The little squares are 0.5" finished and I guess it was totally out of my league to get those points to match! I wasn't really happy at first, but I am pretty happy with the end result though.

Seams behind mini blocks 

Scrappy and fun little tiny squares. More like confetti and I guess the mismatches brings out modern vibe to it too.

DQS14 ready to hang

I played with the free motion quilting too, especially in the negative blocks. I love Irish Chain. They are lovely to quilt with. I made an Irish Quilt (link here) when I started free motion quilting and it has definitely taught me a lot.

DQS14 label in front 

Practice is the best teacher. I cannot stress that more - practice is the best way to improve free motion quilting. Give it a try. Try a mini quilt. They are fast to get done and they are definitely small enough to fit under those domestic sewing machines. The most important thing is have fun!!

Well, till then I am hoping my swap partner would love this quilt.

XOXO

Labels: , , , , , , ,